Electronic Control Units
Our CoC Electronic Control Units is responsible for the entire development, validation and integration of automotive control units. We support our customers throughout the product engineering process from the concept phase through to prototype and series production, assisting them with the development of hardware, software and mechanical components. We also develop and produce complete electronic control unit components to order.
Our customers benefit here from our interdisciplinary know-how in terms of electronics & software, testing & validation, design & mechanical integration and simulation & CAE. That way we can offer complete, one-stop solutions right through to whole-vehicle component integration.
We offer our customers further added value through our close cooperation with development partners, system suppliers and universities. Thanks to our excellent network, we are able to expand our range of competence and resources, and our strong links with the scientific community guarantee consistent application of the latest technologies and methods.
We develop all kinds of electronic control units for our customers. Our specialist areas include:
- Conceptual design and prototyping for display systems (e.g. instrument clusters, central displays, head-up displays) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- Computer vision, image processing and computer graphics
- Electronic control unit networking
- Project management, SE team management and supplier management
- Concept development and requirements management
- Test and problem management
- Software architecture, specification and concept development
- Software development using the latest methods and according to current standards
- Function development and model-based software development
- Integration of software components into overall system
- Testing and validation of software and functions
- Hardware architecture, specification and concept development
- Development of hardware components according to current standards (system design, circuits, layouts, etc.)
- Integration of hardware components into overall vehicle (e/e architecture, integration into on-board power supply, cable harnesses, etc.)
- Testing, validation and qualification of electronic components
- Geometric integration of electronic control units and operating & display components into vehicle
- Design of mechanical components, switches and housings
- Qualitative and production-related component evaluation
Testing & validation / Simulation
- Validation of electronic control unit systems via methods including HIL, MIL or SIL
- Test specification, test management and execution of manual and automated tests
- Problem analysis plus tracking and management of corrective measures
- Problem and quality management
- Simulation of components, e.g. with regard to thermal or electromagnetic requirements or component strength
- Project management: MS Project, Rplan, codeBeamer ALM, QC/ALM, JIRA, DOORS, etc.
- Standards: AUTOSAR, OSEK, GENIVI, ISO26262, FuSi, etc.
- Development processes: V-Modell XT, Scrum, XP, etc.
- Software development: C/C++, Python, C#, Java, VBA, UML, Enterprise Architect, etc.
- Model-based software development: Matlab/Simulink, ASCET, LabView, etc.
- Hardware development: Altium Designer, Eagle, PSpice, etc.
- Electronic control unit validation: ISTQB, HIL/SIL/MIL, dSpace Autobox, ECU-Test, vector tools, data loggers, debuggers, oscilloscopes, signal & logic analysers, etc.
- Hardware qualification: ESD, EMC, electrical safety, environmental & climatic tests, vibration & shock, GS standards, etc.