Our team undertakes development projects in the body framing and panelling sector. We develop the body in white, doors and liftgates, covering all phases from early concept through to series production support. Our virtual function layout specialists work in close cooperation with the design department.
Our design engineers are familiar with the customer's product engineering process, enabling them to dock onto the appropriate interfaces. We also help the customer select the right materials and joining and sealing solutions. In order to ensure the best possible choice of lightweight materials, we are able to draw on our know-how in the competence centres "Material Testing & Simulation" and "Composites".
That way we can create strain-rate-dependent material cards for new materials, for example, or test the performance of an innovative joining technique or component.
We assist our customers with all current body-in-white construction techniques, materials and joining processes.
Body construction techniques
- Stressed skin (steel, aluminium and hybrid)
- Multi-material design
- Space frame
- Steels of various strengths (high,ultra-high)
- Hot-stamped steels
- Cast aluminium (sand, permanent mould and die cast)
- Aluminium extrusion profiles
- Aluminium sheets
- Screws (conventional or flow drilling)
- Rivets (semi-tubular or solid)
- Welding (laser, resistance spot welding)
- Soldering (MSG, WIG)
- Gluing (structural or stabilising adhesives, also in conjunction with welding)
- Hemming (flat hem, rope hem, also with gluing)
- Simulation: ANSA, HyperMesh, MSC Patran / Nastran, Abaqus Implizit, Abaqus Explizit, Pamcrash, LS-Dyna, Optistruct
- Design: CATIA V5, Siemens NX, FiberSIM