Modular, scalable control unit platform for concept and small-series development
Thanks to our BuildRS platform (short for “Build Rapid Systems”), you can create measuring and control systems for a wide variety of applications much faster and more affordably than ever before: Just select the hardware and software components with the functions you require, combine them any way you like, and benefit from a comprehensive, quality-controlled software and communication platform.
We are glad to help!
If you need an individual offer, have questions about the product, or require support, please contact us at:
Further information about the product is available here:
- Ideal for use as a rapid prototyping system when developing concepts, prototypes, and small series – efficient and cost-effective!
- Modular board concept with motherboard and function boards
- Scalable and can be expanded flexibly
- Comprehensive software library with communication bus spanning all modules
- Easy configuration and programming using the CAN bus
- Each functional unit is galvanically isolated to maximize fault resistance
- Robust plug connectors with good contact locking mechanism, convenient when converting prototypes and concepts
- Compact design facilitates flexible installation and use in test benches or even as a heat-shrink tubing installation in cable harnesses
- Can be controlled by tablet app
- Compact design (dimensions: 86 x 40 x 38 mm, weight: 250 g)
- Power supply: 7V … 20V
- Interface for bus connection: CAN
Available function boards
- Digital input/output with configurable level, threshold and hysteresis
- MOSFET driver, relays
- Smart LED driver, power LED driver
- ADC, ADC bridge, DAC
- Temperature sensors, Bluetooth interface, SENT
- DC motor, CAN bridge
We will also customize products for you as required.
The ARRK BuildRS system facilitates efficient rapid prototyping in industrial and automotive environments. The various modules each offer a specific functionality and can easily be combined at will to create a modular, scalable control unit platform.
Each module is self-contained and can communicate with other modules via a shared bus (including a comprehensive software library). This means that several units can be cascaded and connected to form an entire system. The modules are based on a pluggable board concept consisting of a motherboard and a function board modified in line with its intended use. The function boards can then be used for example to control a motor or analyze sensor information, while the motherboard provides the bus connection, power supply, and computing capacity.
This modular system accelerates the realization of concepts and prototypes in a way that is also highly cost-effective. Instead of going to all the effort of developing your own hardware for a new application or resorting to a powerful but expensive universal control unit, you can simply combine your desired modules. The modular concept enables part-functions to be tested individually, while modules can either be bundled at one location or distributed throughout the whole system.
This also allows for a high degree of flexibility: If you want to change from digital input/output to analog input/output or from one sensor to another, for example, all you have to do is switch the function boards. You can also purchase a new function relatively quickly and cheaply, and the platform can be scaled up or down depending on your requirements.