Low Volume Composite Production
ARRK’s tailored composite components perfect for pioneering British racing car the BAC Mono
Low Volume Production Division
Assist in the development of low volume production composite components
Accomplishments & Results:
- When the maker of the Mono, Briggs Automotive Company, were looking for a local, tailored composite provider to become part of their supply team, they approached ARRK’s engineering experts in Nuneaton to deliver precision low volume production carbon components.
- Working closely with BAC’s design team to understand their requirements, ARRK set about producing components from existing tooling. However, as the relationship developed and we gained an appreciation of what the designers of the Mono were looking to achieve, ARRK decided to step back and review the manufacturing process with a view to improving production methods and component quality.
- By applying some of the latest techniques and materials available today, the results have seen significant improvements in the car’s production.
- Using a combination of carbon and glass prepreg material - autoclave cured, has resulted in the client being delighted with the new parts.
- BAC Mono have now commissioned 45 vehicles, which are to be delivered for assembly over a period of time. With each car comprising 34 individual carbon components, ARRK also provide BAC with the option to make bespoke personalisations in order to accommodate client tastes.
- With the car receiving great reviews from industry experts, motoring journalists and a well-known motoring TV programme, and with ARRK continuing to invest and develop its composite capability, this partnership looks set to be a winning combination.